$Facebook Community – ZUCKERBERG UNVEILS NEW TOOLS GIVING FACEBOOK A NEW MISSION
The giant social network, Facebook’s CEO Mark Zuckerberg introduced several new $Facebook Community tools and updates to its existing features concerning safety, support, and donations at its second annual Social Good Forum in New York. Zuckerberg believes that Facebook’s primary purpose is a social one- to make the world more open and connected. Now, he is ready to fulfill his mission through a string of new tools that will help those in need. He told the crowd that the Facebook’s new mission is to “give people the power to build the community to help bring the world closer.” The new features are meant to expand users’ communities by connecting mentors or mentees together through a program created by nonprofit organizations. The new tools will enable people to connect with meaningful communities, which help people to find a common ground where they can share their new perspectives and become aware of different issues. Zuckerberg narrates these tools and features as an addition of Facebook’s new mantra, new principles that will guide the company in a new direction over the next decade.
Zuckerberg’s new $Facebook Community tool features are:
- Through these new tools, 100% of donations will go directly to charitable organizations by eliminating nonprofit fees.
- People can now create and synced up to Facebook fundraiser through charitable tools expansion in places like Europe, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
- A new tool, Community help API will help disaster response organizations access to community help data that gives useful information about the needs of people impacted by disasters.
- About 4 million Indian donors have signed up through Facebook’s blood donation feature and are planning to expand it to Bangladesh in 2018.
- Mentorship and support, again a new tool that enables mentors and mentees to connect with the world through a program created by nonprofit organizations.
- The most important tool, suicide prevention artificial intelligence, which will flag posts and videos indicating thoughts of suicide and self-harm.